Monday, 16 March 2015

Drugstore Make Up Starter Kit


Not everyone can afford high-end make up, and some drugstore products are just as good, if not better, than some more pricey make up bits. When I first started wearing makeup, I had absolutely no idea what to buy or where to put it. It's quite common for some younger girls to feel insecure, and feel the need to wear makeup because maybe their friends are. I was definitely like this as a kid. But I think makeup should be worn for fun, and not as a cover up, and not something to hide behind. The products I mention here aren't the things you NEED to get, you don't need everything I talk about. It's just a fun thing to have.

I don't mention a lot of products, as I think if you are just starting out, then it's fun to experiment with just a few things.

Base

For the base, I have a foundation, concealer, blusher and a powder. Of course, you don't need to buy all of these products. I sometimes only like to wear concealer, and some days I like to wear foundation and concealer. I good foundation for if you're just starting out is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. It's very light on your skin and isn't cakey at all. A nice medium coverage, which is also buildable, and makes your skin look really healthy. I think it's quite important to test the foundation on your jaw line before you buy it, as you want it to match your skin tone. This foundation is £6.99, but I sometimes see it on offer for £5 which I think is a great affordable price. All in all, a great foundation.

Concealer wise, I like to use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Such an amazing concealer for it's very affordable price of £4.19! This concealer is high coverage, so will cover any blemishes and redness you may have. I quite like to wear just this on days where I'm only popping out somewhere, or if I feel like I'm having a good skin day. It comes in various shades and isn't cakey on my skin.

For powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is my holy grail powder. One of the best powders I have tried before. I like to get the translucent one, so I don't have to worry about it adding colour to my skin. I don't powder all over my face, usually just in my t-zone as that's wear my skin is quite oily. This is a staple in my makeup bag and for only £3.99, you can't go wrong!

If you're looking to inject a bit of colour into your skin, then I think a blusher is a really subtle but nice way of doing it. I love the Sleek Blusher's as they are very pigmented, meaning it's going to last you a long time! The packaging is quite compact, so will fit in your makeup bag really nicely. I like to use the shade Pixie Pink, as I think it looks nice all year round, Only £4.49.

Eyes

I like to keep my eyes quite simple, and apply just a dusting of eye shadow, a thin line of eyeliner and a bit of mascara.

A really affordable eye shadow palette that I have used everyday since I bought it is the MUA Matte Eye Shadow Palette. It comes with 10 warm shades, which are great for an everyday look and an evening look. I like that they are matte too, as you can use them to fill in your brows too, only if you need to of course! This palette is only £4 which I think is amazing for 10 different eye shadow shades.

With eyeliner, there's the option of pencil, liquid and gel eyeliner. I like to use liquid as I think you can get a more precise and thin line which looks quite good. The eyeliner I like to use is the Soap & Glory SuperCat Eyeliner. This is also a holy grail product and I would be so lost without it! It doesn't come out sheer or a slight off grey colour, which is why I love it so much. As it's a pen shaped eyeliner with a fine nib, you can create a really nice and thin line, and is also great for a winged eyeliner. Only £6!

I'm really not to fussy with mascara. I've used a mixture of high end and drugstore mascaras in the past and they have both been the same. Although, some that I have used in the past do sometimes make my lashes look a bit clumpy. The mascara I like to use is the Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. It's so affordable, makes my lashes look natural and doesn't make them clumpy at all. A great mascara for only £4.99.

Lips

I love the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 16 as a nice pinky colour. I think it looks great in the spring and summer time, as a 'your lips but better' colour. A very moisturising lipstick and also very pigmented. I think it's a great lipstick for if you're just starting out, and it's only £5.49 which is a bonus!

What's your favourite drugstore finds? Do you prefer high end makeup?

Hope you're having a lovely week!

xx







0 comments:

Post a Comment