Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Go-To Products For Make-Up Removal


When I was younger, I use to think that make-up wipes where the only way to remove make-up, but since watching YouTube, I've realised that there are lots of different alternatives.

Make-up wipes are quite controversial, in that some people swear by them and some people absolutely loathe them. I certainly don't swear by them, but there have been a few occasions where I've forgotten to take my make-up off before bed, and me being lazy used wipes. I quite like the Simple Kind To Skin Facial Wipes, but they were out of stock when I went to purchase them. I like the keep a pack on my bed side table, just in case I forget. 

To properly remove my make-up, my favourite products to use is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. I've been using both of these products for quite a few months now and will definitely be re-purchasing when they are finished. The cleansing water is tough at removing make-up but not tough on your skin which is probably why I love it. It's very good at removing my eye make-up, just a few sweeps and it's gone. I've had this bottle for ages, and use it 4-5 times a week. I believe this was £4 when I bought it which amazing for people on a budget like me. Luckily, this has caused my skin to break out and doesn't leave my skin feeling irritated. The cleansing butter is such a luxurious product but also affordable. Simply work the product into the skin, it will give you panda eyes haha! And then wipe it away with a wet face cloth. This is great for people with dry skin as well as it's very moisturising. No horrible smell either, this has a nice, fresh, floral scent. I think this was £7 which isn't too bad, definitely something worth trying.

Once I've removed my make-up, I like to use a toner to make sure there is no traces of make-up left on my skin. I really like the Simple Soothing Facial Toner. This toner doesn't irritate my skin, which is what I find with some toners I have used in the past. I bought the miniature version to start off with, which is a good tip if you want to test out the product before you splash on the normal sized one. A little goes a long way with this product which is why it has lasted me forever. Will be re-purchasing when it has all gone.

What's your go-to products for make-up removal?
 Hope you're having a good week! 
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment