Sunday, 8 February 2015

Easy Braided Up-Do


I've been experimenting a lot with my hair lately as I'd usually just straighten it or put it in a ponytail. But I've been getting quite bored of my hair and wanted to try something a bit different. I stumbled across a picture in a magazine of someone with an amazing braided up do and desperately wanted to try it. I think I did semi ok and have worn my hair like this for a few days now, so I thought I'd share how I created this look.


Firstly I did quite a deep side parting as I wanted the braid to go across my head as appose to just the side. I then did a french braid, which is basically a standard braid, but as you are pulling hair into the middle, you are also adding bits of hair (does that make sense?). I reccomend watching a few YouTube tutorials on how to french braid as it took me a while to get the hang of it. 


Once I got to about my ear, I stopped adding pieces of hair and did a standard braid, and then secured it with an elastic.


I then, very measily, grabbed the remainder of my hair and tyed it into a bun. I put my bun to the side because I resemble Phil Mitchell from Eastenders when all of my hair is scraped back. 



You then just want to rap the braid around the bun a few times and secure it with a bobby pin. Feel free the pull out bits of hair to make it look a bit messier. I pulled out pieces near my ears to shape my face. Just keep messing about with it until you are happy, and spray hairspray to make sure it stays in place!



I really am enjoying this hairstyle as it looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into your hair. 

I hope you're having a good week!

Goodbye 
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment