Thursday, 5 February 2015

13 Year Old Me: Beauty Tips


13 was the age which I started to care more about my appearance. More and more people in my school were starting to wear makeup and I thought it was the cool thing to do back then, wear as much makeup than humanly possible. When I was 13, I never thought to go on YouTube and look at tutorials, and experimented by myself. I sometimes (most of the time) look back at old photos on FaceBook and absolutely cringe. So I've got a few tips that I wish someone would have given me as I was applying black eyeliner in my eyebrows and multiple layers of foundation to my face...



1.) Step Away From The Tweezers - because they don't grow back overnight. Everyone at school and perfectly shaped eyebrows and I wanted that. As I said before, I didn't think to look on YouTube for tutorials, and instead did some experimenting of my own. Why my mum didn't stop I do not know. Not exaggerating at all, my eyebrows where just lines, I hardly had anything there at all. If you are not loving your eyebrows and want to sort them out, please get them done by someone else. I thought it was easy, but my I was very wrong. To this day, I still do not like my eyebrows, probably because I hardly have any and because they are very dark. 

2.) Blend Foundation Into Your Neck/Get Colour Matched - My foundation was a COMPLETELY different colour to my skin. It constantly looked like I had over done it with the fake tan. I would just pick up any bottle of foundation and never gave a second thought about the colour of it. If you are struggling to find a foundation that matches, you can get can get colour matched (I believe Boots No.7 do this in store). When choosing a foundation, make sure the one you have chosen closely matches your skin. Apply some onto your neck and see if it matches. Also, make sure it is suited for your skin type. Definitely something I wished I had done!

3.) Remove Your Make Up Before You Go To Bed - I always though that there was absolutely no harm in leaving your makeup on over night, but I was very wrong. When I started removing my make up, I noticed a massive difference in my skin. If you sometimes forget, like I occasionally do, keep some make up wipes next to your bed, or a cleansing water. I recommend the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water because it does the job, isn't harsh on my skin (I have sensitive skin) and is very affordable.

4.) Leave Your Spots Alone - When spots start to form, don't sit in front of your mirror for hours picking and scratching at your skin. This makes bacteria spread, leading to more spots, and also leaves scars on your face. I use to think spots was due to my hygiene, but it's really not. Spots appear for a number of reasons, especially hormonal changes as a teenager. I like to use an exfoliating scrub 2 times a week, and a standard foaming face wash every over day of the week. Once you have washed your face, then apply a moisturiser.


I am quite glad that I have learnt from my mistakes as I did make some poor decisions. What would you tell your 13 year old self? 

Hope you're having a good week! 
x





0 comments:

Post a Comment