Friday, 23 January 2015

NOTD - Winter Sparkle

Hello everyone! I hope you're well. I was meant to do some OOTD posts but I'm trying to find a day where my family aren't in the house because I find it so embarrassing to take pictures in front of them, and they don't really understand why I do it haha! So in the meantime I thought I'd do my Nails Of The Day.

Watch - New Look

This is my favourite nail look at the moment because the colour fits perfectly for the winter and it looks I've dipped them into glitter. I like that glitter turns different colours under the light as well.

Base/Top Coat - Barry M
Fearne Nail Polish - Heart Ache

I started off with a base coat, as most red nail polishes can stain your nails. It's happened to me in the past, so I always make sure I apply a base coat. I really like this Barry M one as it's not too thick, so it's really easy to apply.


After I have applied a base coat, I then apply the red nail varnish. I got this nail varnish in a set for Christmas, after hearing great things about them. You can purchase the set here. The formula is amazing, similar to the Barry M nail polishes, but I've not seen a red nail varnish colour as dark as this one before, which is why I'm so drawn to it.


As you can see, I'm not the best at painting my nails. I always manage to paint my skin more than my actual nail! After the nail varnish has finished drying, I then applied the glitter. I've had this glittery nail varnish for a few years now. But it came in a cheap set I got for my 12th birthday ages ago. I don't even think they sell them anymore haha! But any glittery nail varnish will do. I only applied the glitter to the top half of my nail, to make it look like I've dipped my nail in glitter. I love the way this looks. It looks like you've spent ages doing your nails when in reality you haven't.



 And then you're done! Feel free to apply a top coat to protect the design, I didn't because I'm lazy haha!

Thank you for reading. In the comments write your favourite nail varnish.

Goodbye!
x




0 comments:

Post a Comment