Tuesday, 27 January 2015

My Top 4 Drugstore Foundations

I do love foundation. It's the base of your makeup, so finding a foundation that does a great a job and is affordable is important. Not everyone has hundreds of pounds to be splashing out on high end foundations. I'm a jobless teenager with about 20p to my name. So I have compiled my 4 favourite drugstore foundations.


The first foundation is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. This is an illuminating foundation meaning that it gives the skin a radiant glow. This foundation makes me look more awake (hence the name) and gives a really natural looking finish. You can't see in the picture, but the foundation has a slight shimmer to it but this isn't an issue for me. You don't really notice it when it's on the skin, only under artificial light. Coverage wise, it's quite light but if you want to achieve a medium coverage the it is build-able. I have combination skin, oily in my t-zone and dry around my nose and eyes, and I found that this foundation didn't cling to dry patches (Yay!). I did have to powder in my t-zone, so I think for any of you with oily skin, you may still need to powder. There are six different shades, I wear the lightest which is 100 - Ivory but I do feel like the shade range could be bigger. It retails for £8.99 in SuperDrug, but have found that it is sometimes £5 in some supermarkets. It comes in a nice glass bottle which makes it feel a bit more luxurious! It has a pump which is great and allows you yo control how much product you want. In terms of lasting power, it lasted all day, only towards the end of the night did I find it became patchy. I applied this foundation with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it blends really nicely into the skin.This foundation is definitely worth trying out! You can purchase it here.

Next is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation. Now you're probably thinking 25 hour foundation?! I personally haven't worn any foundation for that long before, nor do I know anyone that has! But it does last for a long time. This is a medium coverage foundation which I personally like and it's great at covering blemishes. I love that this foundation doesn't sit on the skin and you buff it in to give a more natural look. Like the Wake Me Up foundation, it doesn't cling to dry patches. I didn't have to powder with this foundation, so it's great for people with oily/combination skin like me. It does claim to give a 'poreless effect' although I don't 100% agree with that, but it looks amazing when you wear a primer underneath the foundation. It comes in a nice, slim, glass bottle which makes it feel like a high end foundation. There are six different shades and I wear the lightest (because I'm super pale) which is 010 Light Porcelain. I applied this foundation with my Real Techniques Exper Face Brush and it blended really nicely into my skin. This foundation retails for around £7.99 which, in my opinion, is worth it. You can purchase it here. 

Then we have the Maybeline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation. This is a lightweight foundation with a medium coverage, but is buildable. It doesn't cover my blemishes as well as I would have liked it too but does cover redness. It is quite long lasting, but by the end of the day, it has dissapeared off the more oily parts of my skin like my nose and chin. It does claim to give a poreless look which I don't agree with completely as I have large pores on my nose which are still visible after applying this foundation. However, I did apply my Benefit Porefessional Primer underneath and the pores on my nose were visablly reduced. This foundation blends really nicely into the skin, and does give a natural finish. Like the foundations I've mentioned above, this one doesn't cling to any dry patches, but I did have to powder my t-zone and any other oily parts of my skin after. This is quite a dewy foundation so people with oily/combination skin may need to powder like I had to. There are a total of 8 different shades, I use 04 - Light Porcelain. Overall, this is a great foundation, not my favourite, but still a good product. It retails for £7.99 and you can find it here.

Finally, we have the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. This foundation has been hyped about quite a bit, because of it's lightweight formula. When it's on the skin, you barely notice that it's there and has a 'traceless coverage'. The foundation has 'Smart Tone Technology' and claims to look flawless under any light, which I don't 100% agree on. It doesn't cover up blemishes and under-eye circles as much as I would like it to, but it does cover up redness around my nose and on my cheeks. This is a great foundation for anyone that isn't really aloud to wear a lot of make-up. This foundation did cling to dry patches on my face (unfortuanately) but I applied a moisturizer before applying it and that sorted out the problem. A little bit of this foundation does go a long way and is build-able to your desired coverage. This foundation is a mixture between a dewy and matte texture, meaning I only had to powder in my t-zone, this may be different for you depending on your skin type. There are 11 shades which I think is an amazing shade range for a drugstore foundation. I use 100 - Ivory. This foundation is £6.99 but is sometimes £5 in some supermarkets! Definitely worth trying. You can purchase it here.

What drugstore foundations do you love?
I hope you're having a great week!
x




0 comments:

Post a Comment